1. Productinformatie insuline detemir (Levemir®) via: www.cbg-meb, Geneesmiddeleninformatiebank.
2. Hermansen K, et al. Comparison of the soluble basal insulin analog insulin detemir with NPH insulin. Diabetes Care 2001; 24: 296-301.
3. Vague P, et al. Insulin detemir is associated with more predictable glycemic control and reduced risk of hypoglycemia than NPH insulin in patients with type 1 diabetes on a basal-bolus regimen with premeal insulin aspart. Diabetes Care 2003; 26: 590-596.
4. Leeuw I de, et al. Insulin detemir used in basal-bolus therapy in people with type 1 diabetes is associated with a lower risk of nocturnal hypoglycaemia and less weight gain over 12 months in comparison to NPH insulin. Diabetes Obes Met: accepted for publication.
5. Home P, et al. Insulin detemir offers improved glycemic control compared with NPH insulin in people with type 1 diabetes. Diabetes Care 2004; 27: 1081-1087.
6. Russell-Jones D, et al. Effects of QD insulin detemir or neutral protamine Hagedorn on blood glucose control in patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus using a basal-bolus regimen. Clin Ther 2004; 26: 724-736.
7. Haak T, et al. Lower within-subject variability of fasting blood glucose and reduced weight gain with insulin detemir compared to NPH insulin in patients with type 2 diabetes. Diabetes Metab: accepted for publication.